There are two reasons an Orbx product installer may ask you to insert another disk in order to continue installation. Below are explanations for these reasons and following on from that is a complete run down on the process required to install these products, using Orbx's FTX: NZ North Island as an example.
1. The Finish button on the wrapper is clicked before the product installer has completed.
With most products that use The FlightSim Store wrapper, following the unwrapping process the installer is executed and the wrapper waits until it has finished before moving to its own Finish screen. However, some of the larger products developed by Orbx use a different kind of installer to the majority of their products which does not allow the wrapper to wait for the product installer to complete. With these products if you click on the Finish button on the wrapper before the product installer has completed you will potentially be deleting data files required by the product installer. When this is the case, the product installer may ask you to insert another disk in an attempt to locate the missing data file.
Always ensure that the product installer has completed before clicking the Finish button on the wrapper.
2. All files have not been extracted from the downloaded zip file before running the wrapper.
In this case, if the wrapper has been executed without first extracting all of the file from the zip file or when the wrapper is run directly from the zip file, when the product installer is executed it may be missing some of the data files it requires to install the product.
Always ensure that you have extracted the full contents of the downloaded zip file before running the wrapper. We recommend using a proper zip program such as WinZip, WinRAR, or 7zip to extract the contents of large zip files, and discourage the use of the in-built Windows Compressed Folder feature for this purpose.
Process for installing products with multiple installer data files.
Below is a step by step process for installing products where the installer ships with multiple data files.
1. Download the package from The FlightSim Store servers, preferably using a download manager such as GetRight, FlashGet or Internet Download Manager. Take note of the download location. We generally recommend downloading to your Desktop or another location where you regularly download files to so that you remember where the file is located once the download has completed.
2. Using a zip file extraction program such as WinZip, WinRAR, or 7zip, extract the full contents of the zip file to a temporary location on your hard drive. The image below shows the downloaded zip file opened in WinRAR preparing to be extracted to a temporary folder.
3. Once all files have been extracted, run the wrapper Application file to begin the validation process. Once validated the wrapper prepares the product installer and its data files and then executes the product installer. The image below shows the wrapper preparing the product installer and its data files.
4. Once the wrapper has executed the installer you may be presented with the wrappers Finish screen as shown below. DO NOT click the Finish button on this screen just yet.
5. Follow the prompts of the product installer until it has completed, then finish out of the installer.
6. Click the Finish button on the wrapper to complete the process.
7. You can then delete the folder where you temporarily extracted the contents of the zip file to recover disk space.
- Email Us
- Call Us @ +61 2 4296 1641